The scope of the consultancy was to support the Department of Disaster Management, Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs to design a framework for a decision support system to integrate DRM in development planning.
Following were the major scope of the assignment:
• Stock taking and needs assessment of risk data, information and initiatives
• Establish exposure database for multi-hazard risk mapping
• Develop a Standard Operating Procedure for disaster risk related data
• Develop design of a multi-hazard risk related decision support system decision support TOOL
• Capacity building to conduct multi hazard risk assessment, and design of risk based decision support system
• Report on capacity needs, risk data gaps and policy gaps and action plan for enhancing decision making with multi hazard risk assessment
• Stakeholder workshops and study tour.