The proposed project support the government’s vision of a balanced and environmentally sustainable urban development as initiated under the ADB’s project preparatory technical assistance (PPTA) for secondary towns urban development project (STUDP). The proposed project engaged mixed development approaches that integrate the natural terrain and resources in urban planning, design and construction. The impact of the project is balanced and sustainable development of human settlements is ensured. The expected outcome is that the quality, reliability and sustainability of urban infrastructure in Samdrup Jongkhar Thromde, Sarpang and Trashigang Municipalities will be increased.
Following were the major scope of the assignment:
• Provide technical and management support to the PMU and PIU in the preparation of bidding documents, procurement of civil works, equipment and/or consulting services, contract bid review and evaluation and other procurement related tasks for 05 civil contract packages and 04 consultancy packages.
• Be responsible for, (in close cooperation with the PMU/PIUs and the relevant entities/individuals for the designs)- the preparation of bidding documents and evaluation of bids for contracts for works, equipment and services.
• Develop contract management system and provide contract management assistance including procurement plan updates, contract awards, procurement planning and other contract management tasks.
• Assist PMU and PIUs in matters related to the procurement during the implementation phase which maybe (but not necessarily limited to) providing guidance to the procurement issues, preparation of compliance reports to the loan covenants, preparation of monthly/quarterly project progress reports and project completion reports etc.
• Support financial specialists in financial consolidation and record keeping.
• Procure equipment and services for institutional strengthening, revenue mobilization and project implementation assistance.
• Prepare monitoring and evaluation framework, project performance monitoring system (PPMS) according to the agreed design and monitoring frameworks (DMFs), and in accordance with ADB’s guidelines.
• Implement the PPMS and continuously monitor the progress of the project implementation against the PPMS, prepare regular progress reports, and take appropriate corrective actions on the basis of the progress reports.