Rural and agricultural regions are a priority for Bhutan, 49% of its population is involved in agriculture sector. There are several layers of development activities in agriculture; from connectivity to market access.
APECS has been deeply connected with the rural community and in particular for road connectivity, irrigation water supply, capacity building, productivity improvement, climate change impact assessment, and market access improvement.
Key Focus Areas
- Local governance capacity enhancement
- Improvement of productivity
- Agricultural development, food security, access to market
- Value chain and cluster development
- Climate impact assessment
- Climate resilience