The project implementation unit (PIU), NAPA II project under Phuentsholing Thromde intended to hire the services of a competent consultancy firm through UNDP to carryout detailed geotechnical investigation of the four identified landslide areas in Rinchending and to west of Reldri School as well as the study for Barsa and Singye river watershed area with focus on flood hazard mitigation measure for landslides and flood along with detailed engineering design. For the purpose, international firm ISMRN in association with APECS consultant was selected as the most competent consultancy for this purpose who successfully accomplished the task. The mitigation measures were implemented following the approval of the modelling and structural design.
Following were the major scope of the assignment:
- Carryout detailed topographical survey and cross section survey for flood modelling.
- Carryout jointly the detailed geophysical survey to ascertained the subsurface geological stratum on landslide areas.
- Conducted rotatory drilling test for the entire area.
- Carryout field investigations-SPT/PPT, Pit excavation and sample collection for laboratory testing’s.
- Determine jointly the requirements for engineering structures such as retaining walls and complementary bioengineering applications
- Prepare of mitigation plan and detail mitigation measures needed to be adopted along with the cost estimates and timing for corrective measures and actions
- Preparation of BoQ and engineers’ cost estimate and technical specification for implementation of mitigation structures.