Farm Road Rehabilitation program, [LOT 2] length 68km was taken up by DOA under GOI assisted SDG. The existing roads were steep, narrow, and geometrically not designed. Therefore, DOA, awarded the survey and design work to a consortium which was successfully managed by APECS consultancy.
Following were the major scope of the assignment:
- Field survey and consultation with local leaders and road users’ to arrive at the consensus for change in the alignment.
- Realignment wherever techno-economically feasible to improve gradient
- Improvement of road geometry including U turns
- Achieving the standard road width as per farm road guidelines and
- Standardization of road structures/furniture
- Detailed Survey and Design
- Preparation of cost estimate and bidding documents