Department of Work and Human Settlement, MoWHS intended to carry out detailed Geotechnical investigation for the development of townships under Trashigang, Duksum and Deothang. The objective of the study was to identify hazard zones and come up with mitigation measures for the future township developmental activities.
Following were the major scope of the assignment:
- Carry out field surveys to confirm desk study interpretation and gathered supplementary data
- Identify, assess and prepare instability inventory maps.
- Identify, assess and prepare slope map, hazard map, geological and geotechnical maps.
- Identify, assess and prepare the geomorphologic maps for the instabilities
- Assess the impacts on landuse with particular emphasis on critical watershed areas, loss of agricultural and forest land, settlement/movements/cracks on the landuse.
- Carryout field investigations-SPT/PPT, Pit excavation and sample collection for laboratory testing’s.
- Slope stability analysis of soil and rock slopes.
- Assist the risks to existing infrastructures
- Inspect high risk locations to define potentials solutions
- Determine requirements for engineering structures such as retaining walls and complementary bioengineering applications
- To prepare mitigation plan and detail mitigation measures needed to be adopted along with the cost estimates and timing for corrective measures and actions
- Preparation of BoQ for proposed mitigation structures
Description and technical specifications for each suggested mitigation measures including detailed cost estimates.