With numerous developmental activities planned for Phuentsholing in the 11th FYP, Phuentsholing Thromde intended to upgrade basic services namely water and wastewater facilities system to the growing urban population. The existing water and wastewater facilities and infrastructure was under tremendous pressure and was not able to meet the growing demand. Therefore, the water and wastewater master plan was deemed necessary so as to provide sustainable pubic services for at least next 60 years and also serve as a strategic long-term planning tool to help meet future demand for water and wastewater. The master plan successfully prepared by consultant will serve as the main document to provide guidance and solutions to the problems associated with water supply and wastewater.
Following were the major scope of the assignment:
- Socio-economic Assessment
- Inventory of existing infrastructure
- Digitization of existing and proposed water and wastewater infrastructure
- Mapping of watershed
- Water Pollution study
- Supply and demand analysis
- Demand and Quality management
- Climate Change and its impact on water resources
- Master plan for both water and waste water for all LAP.
- Design of the recommended technical option for water supply
- Detailed cost estimates for both capital and O&M. For adopting market rates for the detailed cost estimates, proper rate analysis was required to be carried out.
- Detailed working drawings prepared in AutoCad (hydraulic/structural/architectural/electrical/mechanical).