DHI INFRA Ltd. had initiated the development of Bhutan Education City project at Wangshisina, Thimphu. The entire geotechnical study was carried out by APECS Consultancy which includes collection of samples, geophysical survey and material testing both field and laboratory.
Following were the major scope of the assignment:
- Carried out field surveys to confirm desk study interpretation and gathered supplementary data
- Carryout detailed geophysical survey and seismic refraction test to ascertained the subsurface geological stratum.
- Identify and assist the strength of geological materials by conducting necessary field and laboratory test and analysis.
- Carryout field investigations-SPT/PPT, Pit excavation and sample collection for laboratory testing’s.
- Identify, assist and prepare geomorphologic maps for the instabilities
- Assist the risks to existing infrastructures
- Inspect high risk locations to define potentials solutions
- Determine requirements for engineering structures such as retaining walls and complementary bioengineering applications
- To prepare of mitigation plan and detail mitigation measures needed to be adopted along with the cost estimates and timing for corrective measures and actions