The Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) desired to revive the East-West walk trail and have detailed survey and study comprehensive report with coordinates, identified campsites, distance between each campsite, tourists’ attraction (culture, nature, flora, fauna, wildlife, settlements along the trail and proposal for new route in place of those stretches affected by motor road, etc), with cost estimate. The idea was to study the possibility of revival of the trail for both domestic and international tourist
Following were the major scope of the assignment:
- Walk and study trail throughout its length and breadth
- Describe the trail in terms of present conditions, accessibility, gradient and reconstruction/rehabilitation, requirement of new structure, length, repair and restoration activities.
- Describe the trail in terms of environmental interest (flora, fauna and vegetation, identification of potential campsites, restrooms and requirement of other basin amenities.
- Highlight the cultural interest such as historical monuments, nays, current trends and potential home stays among other cultural interest.
- Prepare route maps including that of proposed route maps
- Prepare budgetary design/drawings and detailed project cost.