The main objective of the JFPR project was to provide improved and sustainable access to economic and social services in the project area, leading to improved livelihoods and reduced poverty. The project had five components includes (i) developing selected farm roads, (ii) Institutionalize community management and maintenance of farm road, (iii) To provide small marketing infrastructure and equipment for the subsistence poor, (iv) Improve skills of poor farmers to access financial and technical services and (v) Grant management, monitoring and evaluation. In order to achieve the above objective, a reliable farm road was a prerequisite. The DOA, therefore, awarded the detailed survey and design of the Phegpari-Thunkhar farm road under Trashigang Dzongkhag to APECS consultant who had carried out the survey and Design works successfully. The project was successfully implemented by DoA as per the design.
Following were the major scope of the assignment:
• Risk Area and Activity Review.
• Technical requirement review.
• Detailed topographical and alignment survey which include establishment of benchmark, control points and staking out survey data.
• Detail feasibility study including geotechnical, environmental and social studies.
• Detailed design and working drawings including preparation of design report.
• Preparation of bill of quintiles and cost estimate and technical specifications.
• Preparation of Initial Environmental Examination and Environmental Management plan (EMP).
• Staking out survey data.
• Design of bailey bridge over Nyearama chhu(river).
• Preparation of contract bidding documents.