The main goal for this project is to revise the Detailed Project Report prepared for the Om Chhu River in 2018. The DPR was submitted to ADB for finding, however, it was commented that the DPR had omitted key aspects in the project. Therefore, the revision of the DPR would incorporate comments and suggestions as given by ADB, to come up with a robust and long-term climate resilient flood protection scheme along the specified reach of the Omchhu based on the revised hydraulic analysis and new geotechnical investigations. Further, it will propose to reclaim the land to the extent possible as per site conditions for riverfront development through a pragmatic and sustainable riverfront development master plan that will benefit the community socially and economically which shall enhance community vitality and attract tourists.
Detailed Task Performed
Following would be the key scope of services;
• Topographic survey for the entire stretch including mapping and control point establishment
• Geological and geotechnical investigations including SPT, PLT, and SRT
• Assessment of existing structures (including embankments, retaining walls etc)
• Propose and select flood protection scheme issues, objectives and design criteria
• Mitigation measures option assessment.
• Detailed infrastructure designs and drawings.
• Preparation of a Bill of Quantities and a cost estimate.
• A pragmatic riverfront development master plan with 2D and 3D models along with details and working drawings.
Whether the national minimum daily wage (NMDW) will increase to Nu 450 as pledged by the government has still not been decided, according to Layog Lyonpo (Labour Minister) Karma Dorji.
During his first question hour at the National Assembly yesterday, Lyonpo said that the review of the NMDW will be completed early next year. “Whether it is raised will depend on the study results.”
In 2011 it was raised to Nu 100. The most recent revision in 2014 increased it to Nu 125 a day.
Phuentshopelri-Samtse Member of Parliament Ganesh Ghimiray said that it was high time the NMDW be revised, given the high inflation rate since the Covid-19 pandemic.https://kuenselonline.com/labour-ministry-reviewing-the-national-minimum-daily-wage/