ADB Project No: 54142-001: Renewable Energy For Climate Resilience Project – Supervision & Project Management Consultant – Sephu Solar Power
DoE has appointed the Project Management Consultant (PMC) as an owners Engineer to provide the services towards the detailed design, construction, testing and commissioning of the 17.38dc MWp Sephu Solar PV Plant, inclusive of internal electrical interconnections and connection to the grid.
Following were the major scope of the assignment:
- Assist DoE/DGPC in reviewing of the detailed design, supervision of construction, erection, and contract management
- Assist DoE/DGPC in ensuring the Construction Contractor has achieved Pre-Commissioning and issuance of the Completion Certificate, followed by Commissioning, Guarantee Test and issuance of the Functional Guarantees, followed by Operational Acceptance
- Engineering Design and review
- Project management
- Contract management
- Materials management
- Supervision of implementation of safeguards
- Inspection, testing and commissioning
- Capacity building
- Project completion studies
The main goal for this project is to revise the Detailed Project Report prepared for the Om Chhu River in 2018. The DPR was submitted to ADB for finding, however, it was commented that the DPR had omitted key aspects in the project. Therefore, the revision of the DPR would incorporate comments and suggestions as given by ADB, to come up with a robust and long-term climate resilient flood protection scheme along the specified reach of the Omchhu based on the revised hydraulic analysis and new geotechnical investigations. Further, it will propose to reclaim the land to the extent possible as per site conditions for riverfront development through a pragmatic and sustainable riverfront development master plan that will benefit the community socially and economically which shall enhance community vitality and attract tourists.
Detailed Task Performed
Following would be the key scope of services;
• Topographic survey for the entire stretch including mapping and control point establishment
• Geological and geotechnical investigations including SPT, PLT, and SRT
• Assessment of existing structures (including embankments, retaining walls etc)
• Propose and select flood protection scheme issues, objectives and design criteria
• Mitigation measures option assessment.
• Detailed infrastructure designs and drawings.
• Preparation of a Bill of Quantities and a cost estimate.
• A pragmatic riverfront development master plan with 2D and 3D models along with details and working drawings.